Friday, 30 September 2011
Friday, 8 April 2011
Saturday, 16 October 2010
I have started the task of getting rid of the rust on the bonnet doors and front wings. And with the bonnet being the worst i started with that.
The condition under the layers of filler,lead loading and fibreglass was rubbish so much that i should have thrown the bonnet away and found a better example. Still might have to but first i am going to try and repair it.
The front lip is shot apart from 6" or so that has already been replaced. I have now replaced most of the front lip and whilst not perfect i surprised myself at the outcome, hopefully the lightest skim of filler will completely cover the repair.
The inner reinforcement was also shot this has been partially sorted. Once this has been refitted to the bonnet i will take out the supports for the bonnet stay and redo them.
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Underside the cleanest it's been in 30 years won't last long once the cars finished.
With this years quota of paint done the mechanical work can start.
Also got the engine bay and front inner wings painted.
Also got a Ti manifold off ebay, thanks Gus. Now i have nearly all the manifolds for a M10 engine i have decided to go with the TI manifold and throttle body. Just looks right for the car. The later 318 manifold i have i think would yeild more BHP but would look wrong. I have also just bought an E30 injection pump to supply the fuel. Might work watch this space.
Let the mechanical refit begin - This will progress slowly untill the Triumph spitfire gets mothballed in it's seaside retreat and the Beemer takes centre stage in the garage. That dates 5 weeks away.
Monday, 16 August 2010
Sunday, 1 August 2010
The interior is now sprayed, not the best job but more than adequate for something that will never get seen. Over the next month the underside boot and engine bay will be sprayed along with all the black bits, suspension parts sub frames and brackets will be completed.
Well the paints finally going on the interior is done as is most of the parts that need to be painted black including the front and rear subframes. Pictures to follow this evening if the rain stays away.
I am now on track to complete all the paint that needs to be done so that i can reassemble the car mechanically over winter and get the engine running on megasquirt.
Finally a deadline that i have a chance of meeting
Thursday, 15 July 2010
Finish both rear wheel wells - most work done needs tidying.
Boot bumper support brackets reinstalling.
Small hole in drivers floor under rear seat support.
Finish weld drivers floor repair.
The reason i am now so late is a neighbours that reported me for noise instead of walking down the drive and telling me to be a bit quieter !
They asked for me to spot at 6pm as they have children that need to go to bed. I don't have a problem with this but all the kids in the street play out until about 8 ish this time of year.