Wednesday 16 December 2009

BMW 2002 Slow progress





It's been a while since i posted my last instalment, In this time i have had to replace my MIG welder with a new unit and swop to bottled gas instead of the thow away bottles from machine mart. The cost of which has slowed me up a little.

The good news is the both inner wing repairs are now complete, the drivers floor is finished for now. It will need seam welding and the engine chassis rail leg repaiing when i roll the car onto its side later this year. And last of all the rear window opening is about 50% complete as well. The pictures are below.

I have found more rust in the rear subframe mounts and the front panel. Nothing that cant be corrected. Hopefully most of the small repairs plus finishing the windscreen surround will be completed this week and some more next week.

I have started the intake system for the engine by buying a BMW 5 series intake manifold. On the ebay picture the bolt pattern for the cylinder head looked similar. I turned out it my be a little to far out for me to use the whole system. Also the ports on the 02 are a lot larger than the 5 series whick would leave some wall section to thin. More thought needed in this area before i make my next move.

Also the alternator is going cause me problems as it sits close to inlet runner number 4


No comments: